Semi Healthy Cheat Day
I love eating healthy and I am pretty good at keeping track of what goes into my body. I do have days where I am craving something that might not be as healthy.
A lot of people have asked me if I've had cheat days. I'm human, so yes, I definitely have cheat days. It's all about balance.
I designate a "cheat day" to myself which includes eating non-diet friendly foods. I love it when cheat day comes since I have something to look forward to.
My favorite type of cheat meal are tacos. I love tacos and if I am out, I will order protein grilled vs. fried.
One of my favorite cheat day meals are from my own recipe: Christal's Veggie Tacos.
Christal's Veggie Taco Recipe
Lightlife Smart Ground Mexican Crumbles (Soy-Protein) can also use Ground Turkey
- Chop up vegetables (Onion, Garlic, Lettuce, Tomatoes and Avocado)
- Heat a tablespoon of Canola Oil in pan
- Saute Garlic on medium heat
- Saute Onions on medium heat
- Add Mexican Crumbles, stirring occasionally
- Season Crumbles with light Salt, Pepper and Chili Powder
- Warm Tortillas in Oven
- When the Crumbles are finished set aside
- Remove Tortillas from oven
- Coat Tortillas with Taco Sauce
- Fill Tortillas with Mexican Crumble
- Add chopped Lettuce, Tomatoes and Avocado
To balance out the cheat days, I make sure to exercise the day of or after. I also start my day off with a nutritious breakfast and try my best to add vegetables and fruit into the mix. Giving yourself a cheat day is healthy and as long as you stay on track and moving in the right direction.
What are some of your cheat day meals? Leave a comment and share your tips with me!