5 Natural Ways to Detox
Everyday our bodies are exposed to pollution, such as; smog, bacteria, viruses and food that we consume.
Detoxing is a great way to cleanse your body. Many people detox for a variety of reasons, primarily weight loss. No matter the reason, it's always good to give your body a break.
Here are some simple and natural ways to detox:
Drink Lemon with Warm Water in the Morning
This provides your body with hydrating electrolytes, cleanses your liver, cleanses your blood and arteries, aids in digestion and increases your metabolism.
Some experts have found that sweating can flush out the body of system clogging substances like alcohol, cholesterol and salt. Running and circuit training will help you sweat the most.
Drink Herbal Teas
Green Tea and White Tea both have antioxidant and anti-aging properties. Add honey to also aid in reducing inflammation and infections.
Decrease Sugar Intake
Overtime overeating sugar can lead to diabetes and obesity. Replace sugar with honey or agave syrup.
Increase your intake of raw and steamed green vegetables. Eat lean meats and less fats like butter and oil. See list below of food that help to detox your body.
Food for Detox from Livestrong.com
- Artichokes contain silymarin, an antioxidant that helps the liver process toxins.
- Asparagus has enzymes that help breakdown and detoxify effects from food and alcohol.
- Broccoli has phytochemicals that convert toxins into substances that the body can use.
- Avocados have soluble and insoluble fiber to aid in cleansing the colon.
- Kale flushes out the kidneys and is packed with a ton of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Apples are high in pectin which helps eliminate toxins.
- Lemons stimulate the release of enzymes and help convert toxins into a form that can be excreted from the body.
- Onions and Garlic have sulfur containing compounds that help detox the liver.
Have you done any detoxing recently? What works best for you?